Elder Jordan Royal

Elder Jordan Royal
Jordan hugs big sister Kelli

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Looking Forward to the Future



Jordan at the Camaling River
            Wow.  This week went by really fast!  I can't believe that August will be done in two weeks.  Time is just flying by.  Ironically, we had a pretty slow start to the week, because we had a lot of appointments fall through.  There is a less active that we've been working really hard to bring back named Randy.  Randy has already returned, so we're now trying to encourage him to serve a mission.  The less active, Randy, is just an awesome guy.  He has a great sense of humor and is fun to be around.  We've been reading the Book of Mormon with him and have left him with specific assignments to read or look for during his reading.  He really has that desire, but he wants to finish reading the Book of Mormon to know if serving a mission is right for him.  So we've been working with him to read all of it before the end of the month.  He's only in Mosiah, so he might not finish it, but hopefully he'll be close.  We've been having a lot of fun with it. 

            We really had a great end to week on Saturday and Sunday.  We had another great turn out for our ward reactivation activity on Saturday, about 150.  Since we've been doing that, our attendance at church has not dropped lower than 120.  How awesome is that!?  We even had six (yes, six) investigators attend church yesterday!  Ruben and Rechelle have really been doing great.  They have a lot of support from the members and YM/YW since they're been coming to church and Mutual, so they're in good hands.  Their baptism is this Saturday.  (Woo hoo!)  They've been fun to teach.  They were really quiet at the beginning, but they eventually opened up to us.  Bessie's baptism will be on Sept. 1st.  It's cool to have back-to-back baptisms.  Bessie's really awesome, too.  Her boyfriend is one of the RMs in the ward, and he's really cool.  Maybe he'll ask him to marry him after she's baptized.  That's just a thought, so don't go spreading it (haha).  (It’s not our job to play matchmaker, but it’s fun sometimes.)

Miss this guy!
            I can't believe that I have been in Mamonit for 5½ months now.  When missionaries would tell me that they've been in a certain for six months, I always thought that was a long time.  And I guess it is, but I didn't think that it would go by as fast as this has.  The weeks feel like days and the months are weeks.  I guess that'll sum up how time flies on a mission right there.

            Now, here’s a funny story.  We went to a member's to teach an investigator and they handed me what I thought was a really big lime, but it turned out to be grapefruit.  I don't like grapefruit, but the Philippines somehow has really good grapefruits.  They watched me eat it to see what my reaction would be, because it was really sour.  But, since I would eat plain lemons when we would eat out back in the day, it didn't faze me at all.  They were really amazed that I ate half the grapefruit without any salt or sugar (haha).  Since Elder Witt came by, our lunches always have a lot of vegetables and a little bit of meat, which I really enjoy since I haven't eaten this many vegetables in a long time.  I'm also starting to cook again.  Elder Witt's really good at cooking.  It's not that I don't know how to cook, but I'm just lazy sometimes (haha).  We've been cooking some pretty bomb stuff lately.

            Well, I guess that's it for this week.  Strange.  I thought I had more to write, but I guess I don't anymore.  Oh Mom.  I forgot to mention this to you last week, but if you could send one or two journal books to use and a pair or two of earplugs, that would be great.  I'm sorry for not mentioning it last week, because you've sent the package already, but I guess that'll be in the next one :).  Dad.  Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!!  52's a cool age.  You know . . . full of wisdom and awesome skills.  Thank you for all of the letters that I enjoy reading every week and for all of your love and support to me.

            Mahal ko kayo!  Inagat!  I hope that you all have a great week!!!

            Elder Jordan “Immune to Sour Fruit” Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment