Elder Jordan Royal

Elder Jordan Royal
Jordan hugs big sister Kelli

Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Already September

           I can hardly believe it's September already.  I'll be hitting my two year mark on the 28th of this month, but will still have a month after that before coming home. Well, I am sorry to hear about BYU’s opening game loss to Virginia on Saturday.  It sounds like Mom and Dad had a fun trip even with the BYU loss.  (Thanks for the recap, Dad.  But, I have learned not to get my expectations too high for BYU.)  But, onto more important matters.  Congratulations to David and Kambria for the safe arrival of my newest niece, Aubrey Marie Royal.  She looks so adorable.  It is so weird to me that I'll have four new nieces and nephews to meet when I get home.  Our family's just gotten so big these past two years!  
 
David & Kambria welcomed Aubrey Marie into the world this week
(Jordan's oldest nephew, Beckham, was born a month before Jordan entered the MTC.  We've had three more grandchildren join our family since then, so Jordan will have some catching up to do when he returns home next month.)
            We went to Tarlac on Tuesday and Wednesday for my last MLC at the mission home.  This month we are studying the doctrine of the Gathering of Israel.  I really didn't know that much about the Gathering of Israel and didn't think that it wasn't really important to understand.  I've learned a great deal about it, though.  We learn from the Book of Mormon, as taught by Elder Russel M. Nelson, that the Gathering of Israel will commence when the "Book of Mormon shall come forth." (3 Nephi 21 - Heading.)   More of that was fulfilled when Moses appeared to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdrey in the Kirkland Temple and restored the keys to the Gathering of Israel, which keys are held by President Thomas S. Monson today.  The prophet has always held these keys.  We then learned just how important we really are as full-time missionaries in the Gathering of Israel. (Jeremiah 16:16.).  So, it's pretty awesome being apart of this work in Gathering Israel in preparation for the second coming of Jesus Christ.  It was really cool being with all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders.  I'll probably not see most of them again.  It all depends whether I get transferred on September 12th or not.  I really hope that does not happen.   Not only because it would be an incredible hassle to pack, but that would mean I would have to say goodbye to all the people I've grown so close to.  I’m just not ready to do that yet.
Jordan at the Mission Leadership Conference
Jordan at the Mission Home for MLC
            We average about six new investigators a week, which is really good, but we had no one come to church yesterday, the reason either being financial problems or they're shy.  It's just disappointing when we work so hard for miracles in our area, but the day they're needed the most, these great people do not come to church.  I read an article this week by Elder Dallin H. Oaks in this month's issue of the Liahona about receiving personal revelation.  He says that we can't force ourselves to have spiritual experiences or demand revelation on our time, but that it all comes from the will of God on His time.  I guess I'm still new on this whole revelation thing, so I guess I'm still a little impatient about those things.  Two years as a missionary isn't enough time to really begin to understand just how revelation works, although Id’ say I have a lot more understanding than I did before my mission.  I think that our prayers are getting answered little by little.  The Bishop told us yesterday that they've got an area they want for a meeting house and want us to be the ones to find a specific location.   Once we find one, then the work will start to really progress.  We could be the ones to start a legacy here in San Leonardo.  How cool would that be?  I guess that'll be my goal before I go home: Begin a legacy of faith.
Jordan with Elder Blackham

            That’s it for this week.  I hope that you're all doing great.  I can't wait to hear from you soon.  I love you all.  Stay safe.   Ingat.

            Elder Jordan "Legacy" Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment