Elder Jordan Royal

Elder Jordan Royal
Jordan hugs big sister Kelli

Monday, May 6, 2013

Parading Into May

Jordan (back right), with a group of missionaries going home, with Elder Biggs to his right, his right arm is on Elder Revillo and his left arm is around his trainer, Elder Declaro
            I don't remember ever attending a May Day Parade, but the word "parade" has been running through my head lately.  There is pretty much ALWAYS a parade here, because of the upcoming elections next Monday.  There are always cars driving around with giant speakers blasting these really bad remixed songs about their candidate, and it gets annoying pretty fast.  Since Election Day is on Monday, I'm hoping that it won't be too crazy for me to talk to you guys on Mother's Day.  Wow.  Last mission phone call.  How about that?

Jordan says goodbye to his companion, Elder Revillo
            So all of our suspicions last were correct: Elder Revillo was called last Monday to serve as the new AP.  He was called before we headed to Tarlac for our first MLC (Mission Leadership Council) on Tuesday.  It didn't come as a surprise to anyone.  He brought all his stuff with him to the mission home to start work on Wednesday.  So the only difference with MLC is that there are six Sister Training Leaders there now.  Other than that, it's pretty much the same - awesome.  Our focus in the mission right now is teaching and testifying on the Restoration.  Although we teach the Restoration everyday as missionaries, I really felt the Spirit as we discussed it.  We were asked to think about the blessings that we have received from the Restoration and how it has impacted our lives.  As I thought about all the blessings that I've received and my family members have experienced, my testimony for the Restoration was strengthened.  The Restoration is what sets the LDS Church apart from every other church in the world.  While other religions have many good parts of the gospel, they do not have the fullness of Jesus Christ.  Without prophets, apostles, priesthood, and revelation, it is not the Church of Jesus Christ, but a church of men.  It is a bold pronouncement of faith that troubles some who hear of it for the first time.  But, the Restoration is real.  It is absolute.  It just makes sense.  That's why I love it. 

Jordan with Elder Revillo and Elder Palmer
            We still have investigators who are questioning, because they don't want to leave their religion, even though they have received a confirmation from the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, the Book of Mormon is true, and that the Church established by Jesus Christ through the Prophet Joseph Smith is the only true and living Church on the face of the earth.  It really blows my mind when people don't even give the Book of Mormon a chance.  It especially bugs me when they conclude it is not true without ever reading the Book of Mormon.  We did have a really good lesson with a less active who told us that she was feeling too lazy to read the Book of Mormon, because she lost interest and, as a result, was losing her faith.  I just bore my testimony just how important the Book of Mormon is and how badly we need it in our lives.  I can't imaging going a day now NOT reading the Book of Mormon.  I'd say that's a huge improvement for me, seeing that I didn't really the Book of Mormon much on my own before my mission.  (Fortunately, we did read it together every year as a family as far back as I can remember, which was a great blessing and gave me a testimony.)  We came back on our next visit and she said that she had read the Book of Mormon!  She didn't understand all of it, but she said she felt happier and felt the Spirit. 

Jordan and Elder Tating worked together this past week
 
            It was really weird this week working without Elder Revillo.  I miss him.  I worked with the branch missionaries, but I did all of the tracting and teaching.  It's just a heavy burden and I'll be grateful to have my new companion on Thursday.  We were able to find and teach a new family this week, the Duria Family.  We found them way back during my transfer with Elder Dadizon, but stopped after lack of progression.  Apparently, one of them, Angiline, met a member from the stake who contacted us to let us know that she wanted to listen to us again, so the member referred us to her, and we visited again.  They said they would all come to church yesterday, but (sadly) none of them showed.  They seem really interested, so we'll see where it goes.  As for Tony, we weren't able to teach him at all this week.  We went to his house at the times his wife said they would all be there, but they weren't home.  (What the heck?).  I'm looking forward to my new companion to help share the burden (and the inspiration).  (The former AP, Elder Tating, will be working with me until transfer day this Thursday, so it's not as bad as I make it seem.  He’s a great guy!)


Jordan with the missionaries attending the leadership conference
             I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to go with you all to see Brian Regan.  That would be so awesome.  Hopefully when I get home, I’ll go with Brad and Whit.  Congrats on the new member of the family!  Little Zoe looks great!  As for our phone call next week, let’s try to Skype.  I’ll plan on something about 5:00 pm your time and will send details in a separate email.  Hope that you guys have a great week!  Mahal ko kayo!

            Elder Jordan "Semi-Companionless" Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment