Elder Jordan Royal

Elder Jordan Royal
Jordan hugs big sister Kelli

Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

            I assume it's coming up, being March and all (and also seeing David and Kambria's announcement).  Speaking of babies...Congrats David and Kam for our upcoming new member of the family!  I'm so excited to be coming home to four nephews/nieces this year in the fall!  Our family has expanded big time since I left on my mission.
Jordan (front right) here with Elder Dadizon (back left) and branch missionary Jonathan (front left) visiting the Reneses Family
            Sorry about not being able to send pictures these past couple of weeks, but I am making up for it today.  We had an awesome week with lots of success.  When we arrived at the Manuel's house on Tuesday, five of their non-member friends were already sitting there waiting for us.  Sister Gloriel Manuel said, "Elders, they told my children that they want to listen to you, so we invited them over."  Sobrang Astig!  We had a great lesson with them and enjoyed responding to their questions about the Restoration and the Life of Jesus Christ.  We were able to teach three of them twice this week, so that was cool.  I absolutely love the members here!  We have the best branch missionaries that I've ever had on my mission.  We always have at least two or three that work with us everyday, so we're able to go on splits to double our work.  Our ability to work has been very high since Elder Revillo and I have been together.  We get new referrals every week, so that means we get a lot more investigators.  We received 11 referrals this week, so you know that we're going to be going to find and teach all of them this week.  I'm SOOOO excited!  I'm always excited to work, but we have a golden week planned that is absolutely going to succeed.  The Lord is definitely helping us in our work on His behalf, to find those willing to hear about the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth in its fullness, with all the keys, power, rights and privileges associated with the Savior’s original church established during His ministry on the earth.
Jordan (red tie) in Talavera with E. Talento (left), E. Cohen (standing), E. Revillo (right) having dinner at the Manuel home
           The assistants worked with us on Saturday, and we enjoyed spending time with them.  Elder Cohen is probably my favorite AP among all those with whom I have worked on my mission.  He goes home next week, so his replacement will be coming in tomorrow.  Guess who that will be?  Elder Biggs.!!  They conducted a baptismal interview for our investigator, Kim Arahan, and it was so powerful.  She left the interview crying tears of joy saying that it was the best experience of her life.  The Lord has been answering her prayers and testing her patience for a year and a half, and now she'll finally be rewarded this Saturday at her baptism.  We are going to make sure it's the best baptism ever!  We are having five baptisms this Saturday.  We will be combining with two other companionships, so we're going to have another baptism picture coming up soon.  It was a good thing that the APs worked with us, because we had to drive all the way to Talavera to conduct a baptism for the Elders there, since the District Leader wasn't available.  Talavera is a pretty area, but it's so big!  (Didn’t Brad serve in Talavera during his mission here?)  We had to drive about 20 minutes away from Talavera to conduct the interview.  After that interview, we went back to the Stake Center to attend the baptism of two other sets of missionaries, because our investigators attended and were interviewed for their baptism this week (Gracia and Dinera).  It's going to be an awesome week.  I'm pretty stoked about it.  (By the way, in 10 days I will have completed my “sister missionary” mission (haha), 18 months.  The days just fly by while we are so happily engaged in the Lord’s work.)
Jordan at the baptismal interview for Shirley (front in uniform) with her family in Talavera, with Elders Cohen, Tating, Revillo, Monroe, and Corpuz
            Thanks to all who have sent me direct emails!  It is so nice to hear from my cousins.  (I love being able to email friends and family directly now.  What a blessing!!)  I am grateful for our awesome family!  Mahal ko kayo lahat!!!!  Ingat!  I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

            Elder Jordan "Super Stoked" Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment