Elder Jordan Royal

Elder Jordan Royal
Jordan hugs big sister Kelli

Monday, April 15, 2013

Halfway Through April - Six More Weeks of Summer

          'Sup family?  So Vegas sounds pretty much the same, except for the two new RMs in our ward.  Welcome Home Paul and Taylor!  I also heard that Michael Olds returns home in two weeks.  Dylan Kirkland should be coming home now, too.  I can’t believe how fast that's gone!  Wow.

Jordan with Elders Pangan, Revillo and Danpain at a service project for the Manuel family
            So I saw some pictures that Sister Martino sends every week to the mission, and one of them was one of our long time progressing investigators from Victoria, Geovani!!  If you don't remember him, he was a long time investigator (about eights months) before he was FINALLY baptized last week.  When I first arrived in his area, and after months of his Dad denying him to baptized, I guess he finally gave permission.  His mother is a member, but his dad is not.  I am so glad that Elder Rabino was there for the baptism.  (Yes, Elder Rabino is still in Victoria and will probably be until at least June.)  He's baptizing everyone that we taught, which is just AWESOME!


Jordan with his weeding weapon
            Things have been okay here this week.  We were not able to find awesome new investigators yet, which is rough, but I am really hoping that we'll be able to find someone.  We received a couple of referrals, so we're going to teach them this week.  We did not get to teach Tony this week because he was in Manila.  But, hopefully we will get to do that this week.  We had a Community Service Project at the Manuel's house.  We pulled weeds using machetes and a sword-spear.  That was pretty awesome.  Elder Revillo and I had an arm wrestling contest with Elders Despain and Pangen.  Our reward for winning was to get to act as overlords while they worked . . . but for only a little bit (long enough to get a few pictures to posterity’s sake).  Oh, Brother Amaraw (formerly known as Elder Amaraw) served with Brad in the San Jose Zone in 2004.  I took a not so good picture of their zone picture from back then.  It is pretty cool to be following my older brother around as Elder Royal.


A 2004 picture of the San Jose Zone, Brad is in the back row, second from the right
            We got to watch General Conference, which was pretty much the highlight of my week.  We had a couple of investigators attend as well, so that was way awesome.  I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk in General Priesthood about our titles as priesthood holders.  Loved it.  He became one of my favorite speakers just from that talk.  I can't share all of the awesome things I learned, but I'll just say that I really needed them.  President Monson and Elder Holland gave wonderful talks, as well.  I was inspired from when Elder Anderson talked about "missionary fun," because missionary work will become more enthusiastic if I start thinking a little more like that.

Elder Revillo got to play field box with Elders Despain and Pangen
(Jordan would be working (bossing), too, but decided to take pictures instead)
            It is still very hot and sticky here.  But I guess we have only another six weeks of summer remaining, so I'll get through it.  Mom, I would like to have some protein stuff in my box if you can add that in there, and maybe an extra t-shirt or two. Also, I still need some socks and a pair of shorts.  Other than that, I guess you can put whatever you want in it and I'll be happy with it :).  Thanks again for all of your support!  I love reading all of your emails!  Mahal ko kayo lahat!  The Church is true (always has been, always will be).

           Elder Jordan "A Child of Heavenly Father" Royal

No comments:

Post a Comment